Since its creation in 2010, Kaïcedra has been supporting rural communities in the north of Burkina Faso to set up their own projects and initiatives to meet the most urgent needs of their community.
It is involved in the fields of education, health, food security and women's mobility.
Our Association works in close collaboration (and without intermediaries) with a local partner, the Association Action pour le Développement Economique et Culturel (ADEC), whose team is highly experienced in the implementation of development projects.
Since 2010 has:
- Funded 2,642 school years through its sponsorship programme (768 in elementary school, 1,288 at primary level, 489 at secondary level, and 7 at university) and served more than 86,000 meals in the Irim school canteen.
- Funded over 900 hours of after-school tutoring
- Built 8 classrooms and refurbished 4 school buildings
- Treated over 2,300 wounds
- Provided more than 150 awareness sessions on hygiene, wound and disease prevention, water protection and food preservation
- Distributed over 1,055 hygiene kits to children in elementary and primary school (6 to 9 years old=)
- Funded the purchase of 50 tons of food for the neediest people in Irim and its surroundings
- Distributed more than 1,180 boxes of infant formula to women in need of milk and for orphans
- Supported 2'036 women in the acquisition of a bicycle at social price
- Created 23 local jobs
- Built and equipped a local office
- Carried out 8 field missions
Kaïcedra and UTMB
With an UTMB® 2022 solidarity bibs you can support one of Kaïcedra’s the following concrete actions:
Schooling needs and meals in the canteen for the children of the elementary school.
1 bib covers schooling needs and meals for 33 children for one year.
Development and management of a cultural and tutoring centre to welcome young people from the surrounding area in different areas: a library, a study hall and diverse activities such as cultural activities film club, theatre and debate club.
1 bib covers all costs for the management of the centre for one year.
Distribution of food to malnourished families to help them regain their strength and survive periods of hunger.
1 bib covers essential food for 1’000 for a month.
A few lines on the experience of the Kaïcedra team at the UTMB® 2021:
During the whole week we were able to live and share your sporting passion with a great family of volunteers and enthusiasts. Everything was wonderfully prepared so that runners and partners could experience the different races in the best possible conditions.
Our team on the spot vibrated with our runners but also with all of you during the presentation evening. We are proud to be part of this “family of solidarity”.
A huge thank you to our UTMB2021 runners:
• Benoit Vuillermoz
• Can Artam
• Thomas Kernen
• Valentin Tatnga