Participate in one of our 5 events
Taking in to account the success of the event and the very large number of requests, registration for the UTMB® races is governed by two principles : a points system, for runners who have previously completed qualifying races, and a draw.
This system ensures that the runners have the experience necessary to participate in one of the UTMB® races, and it manages the number of participants so that the races take place in good conditions (quality, safety and with respect for the environment).
The organisation offers 4 individual races (UTMB®, CCC®, TDS®, OCC and MCC) and an adventure in teams (PTL®) meaning welcoming almost 10 000 participants coming from 100 different countries.
Those persons not selected by the draw, benefit from advantageous conditions valuable for the same race at the time of registration the following year, which would double their chances. For those who are not selected two years in succession, there is a priority registration (upon the understanding that they have the necessary points).
All the information concerning pre-registration and registration are available below.
International ELITE runners benefit from specific registration conditions on the event according to precise criteria based on their ITRA performance index.
The solidarity, health & environment race-bibs
For the runner there is the possibility of registering for a race, without relying on the draw, by making a donation of 2000€ directly to one of the associations supported by the organisation (in respect of the current regulations). The runner may be supported by the donor/donors of his choice, private or commercial, to raise the funds.
The process in order to benefit from a solidarity, health or environment race-bib
Two registration periods:
From November 8th to December 1st 2017
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib ", and choses the association they wish to support and the race in which they would like to run.
- The donor then has until December 1st to pay 2000 €, in one single payment, to the chosen association to confirm the reservation of the race-bib.
- The association informs the UTMB® once the payment has been made.
- The UTMB® then contacts the runner to give them the special registration procedure.
In the case where the donation is not made within the time limit, the race-bib will be put back in to play.
As from January 11th 2018
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib", choses the association they wish to support as well as the race they wish to run in.
- The donor then has a delay of 5 days in which to confirm the reservation of their race-bib by paying a minimum deposit of 500€ to the chosen association.
- They then have until May 31st to finalise the payment of 2000€
- In the case where the runner fails to meet the date for payment of the deposit or the final sum, the race-bib goes back in to play. The money already paid to the association is not remboursable.
Important : A registration via a solidarity/health/environment race-bib is subject to the same regulations as a normal registration (qualifying points, registration fees, etc.) except that the runner doesn’t have to pass via the draw.
The donor may on no account recuperate all or a part of their donation. As from the moment when the runner registers, they are under the same race regulations as the others including the cancellation of their registration, they will be reimbursed a varying sum according to the date of the cancellation (see race regulations).