Let's respect this great playground
The Mont-Blanc Massif is actually a fragile natural environment to which we must pay great attention. To contribute to the protection of it, we are counting on the engagement of each person. We have the duty of doing all that we can to limit our impact to the minimum.
As the organiser, the UTMB® has developed numerous actions to protect the natural environment and to raise awareness amongst all the players. This is a collective action which involves the organisation, regional groups, runners and supporters, partners and volunteers( Ambassadors for the Environment).
We, ourselves, have formed a Commission for the Environment which guides the projects and we set ourselves ambitious environmental objectives. We are always looking for ways of progressing in this domain and incite everybody to adopt an ecologically responsible attitude.
Since the creation of the UTMB® in 2003, one of the event's preoccupations has been the impact of the passage of the trail-runners on the environment.
In 2006, the Environment Commission was developed, directed Jean-Claude Marmier. Studies, carried out by students from the Université de Savoie, made obvious the areas which needed improving.
For 2 years now, we have been working to renovate paths which are run by the UTMB® : the Col du Bonhomme path, Chemin du curé, la Gittaz path and the wet zone at la Sausse.
All these actions which favour the environment were recognised by COP21 as they were "remarkable initiatives in the sporting domain".
In 2019, the UTMB®'s environment commission will benefit from 10 environment race-bibs to help protect the environmental heritage which offers the UTMB® such a formidable play-ground and go farther along this path which means so much to us!
You can also assist in our projects by wearing an environment race-bib!
Patrick Deschamps, President of the Environment Commission, email@example.com
The process in order to benefit from a solidarity, health or environment race-bib
Two registration periods:
From November 6th to November 27th 2018
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib ", and choses the association they wish to support and the race in which they would like to run.
- The donor then has until December 1st to pay 2000 €, in one single payment, to the chosen association to confirm the reservation of the race-bib.
- The association informs the UTMB® once the payment has been made.
- The UTMB® then contacts the runner to give them the special registration procedure.
In the case where the donation is not made within the time limit, the race-bib will be put back in to play.
As from January 10th 2019 (only if environment race-bibs are still available)
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib", choses the association they wish to support as well as the race they wish to run in.
- The donor then has a delay of 5 days in which to confirm the reservation of their race-bib by paying a minimum deposit of 500€ to the chosen association.
- They then have until May 31st to finalise the payment of 2000€
- In the case where the runner fails to meet the date for payment of the deposit or the final sum, the race-bib goes back in to play. The money already paid to the association is not remboursable.
Important : A registration via a solidarity/health/environment race-bib is subject to the same regulations as a normal registration (qualifying points, registration fees, etc.) except that the runner doesn’t have to pass via the draw.
The donor may on no account recuperate all or a part of their donation. As from the moment when the runner registers, they are under the same race regulations as the others including the cancellation of their registration, they will be reimbursed a varying sum according to the date of the cancellation (see race regulations).