Run and help those who need it
Since the beginning of its time, the UTMB® has always wanted to associate the energy of the event with a spirit of solidarity. Our mountain culture places an importance on human relations and mutual aid. We are impregnated with the famous spirit of 'roped partners' and animated by this willingness to help each other to gain personal victories : to get over a difficult moment, to fight against an illness or to help children grow up and flourish.
So the UTMB® has developed several ways of collecting donations for partner charitable associations. The organisation supports 5 associations directly through a system of contributions made during registration for each of its 5 events. Besides, 140 SOLIDARITY RACE-BIBS are granted to runners who wish to support one of our partner associations by donating 2000€, paid directly or through sponsors in order to raise the sum. Finally, each runner can, if they wish to do so, take advantage of their participation to support an association of their choice by being sponsored so as to show their support for the organisation.
The UTMB® has create strong links with the associations they support, following the implementation of the actions and favouring human exchange between the runners, the organisers and the associations.
290 000 €
collected by the associations
Donations at registration
25 000 €
This small, 100% voluntary, association was created at the foot of Mont-Blanc.
Our principal financial support is the UTMB for which our doctor and other members have worked for many years.
Classed as general interest with a humanitarian purpose, donors will be granted tax relief on 66% of the amount of their donation, notably for solidarity race-bibs.
We would like to finance and equip an orphanage and a hospital in the bush at PAGALA (Togo).
Each year we fund the costs of education, health, insurance, electricity and food for the, around thirty, Ste Anne de Pagala orphans.
We supply the hospital with batches of technical or single use equipment
Actions since 2013 :
- Creation of a 600 m power line to supply the neighborhood of the orphanage.
- Remaking of the orphanage: dormitories, ceilings, bedding, toilets, electricity, kitchen.
- Purchase of various equipment, refrigerator, television, bicycles for students.
- Funds for school enrolments and school supplies
- Salary for a new teacher
- Purchase of agricultural land in order to make the orphanage a self-sufficient food producer.
- Construction of a building on agricultural land to supervise and facilitate cultivation.
- Construction of a second building to accommodate aid workers and older children.
- Donation of ECG, Doppler, microscope, bronchial aspirator for the hospital.
- Renovation of the hospital's electrical network in collaboration with Électriciens Sans Frontières
2018, Diversifying of our actions while continuing to support orphans and patients in Pagala
- Funds for school enrolments for disadvantaged children from certain districts of Lomé, the capital of Togo
- Renovation of a village school providing education for 450 students
We make regular visits for voluntary missions and to supervise, in situ,
the work and the use of the donated monies.
Follow the progress of our projects here assopagala.eklablog.com
To contact us :
Mr D. PADOVAN - 20 r. vve Grosset - 74700 Sallanches - France