We take care of you
The good health of runners is a priority for us. The UTMB® makes every effort to assure the security and medical follow-up of all the runners. Besides, we lead numerous informative and preventative actions regarding the health of runners.
Since the first event in 2003, the UTMB® has looked to maintain the authenticity and fair-play of the sport. The organisation thus set up a health policy associating prevention, information and actions of control, aiming to ensure that the races take place fairly. We encourage the athletes to show the greatest transparency, in an exemplary fashion.
The UTMB® is also tremendous research laboratory for ultra-endurance sports. The scale of the races, as well as the number of participants allow our scientific partners to realise research in optimal conditions, and therefore to better understand the health risks linked to the intense practise of trail-running. This scientific research has led to the publication of numerous papers in the domains of sport, science and health.
Because the research has to benefit the discipline globally, the UTMB® supports the new foundation "Ultra Sports Science".
This foundation was created to help finance research projects which are more global and international linked to ultra-endurance and to encourage the broadcasting of the results of this research. The interest of a foundation to fund the research is to prevent any conflicts of interest due to the independence created between the donors and research projects.
In 2019, the UTMB® are making available 15 health race-bibs in aid of the foundation and invite those of you who are interested to make a donation.
The process in order to benefit from a solidarity, health or environment race-bib
Two registration periods:
From November 6th to November 27th 2018
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib ", and choses the association they wish to support and the race in which they would like to run.
- The donor then has until December 1st to pay 2000 €, in one single payment, to the chosen association to confirm the reservation of the race-bib.
- The association informs the UTMB® once the payment has been made.
- The UTMB® then contacts the runner to give them the special registration procedure.
In the case where the donation is not made within the time limit, the race-bib will be put back in to play.
As from January 10th 2019 (only if health race-bibs are still available)
- The runner goes to their runner’s page and clicks on "Reserve a solidarity/health/environment race-bib", choses the association they wish to support as well as the race they wish to run in.
- The donor then has a delay of 5 days in which to confirm the reservation of their race-bib by paying a minimum deposit of 500€ to the chosen association.
- They then have until May 31st to finalise the payment of 2000€
- In the case where the runner fails to meet the date for payment of the deposit or the final sum, the race-bib goes back in to play. The money already paid to the association is not remboursable.
Important : A registration via a solidarity/health/environment race-bib is subject to the same regulations as a normal registration (qualifying points, registration fees, etc.) except that the runner doesn’t have to pass via the draw.
The donor may on no account recuperate all or a part of their donation. As from the moment when the runner registers, they are under the same race regulations as the others including the cancellation of their registration, they will be reimbursed a varying sum according to the date of the cancellation (see race regulations).