All you need to know about the 2021 and 2022 UTMB® Mont-Blanc entry process
2020 was unfortunately marked by the cancellation of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc, but it now is time to look ahead to the next edition of the event.
The 2021 UTMB® Mont-Blanc will take place from August 23 to 29 and will include all 7 races: UTMB® (170km 10 000m D+), CCC® (101km 6100m D+), TDS® (145km 9100m D+), OCC (56km 3500m D+), PTL® (300km 25 000m D+), MCC (40km 2300m D+) and YCC (15km 1200m D+). Given the current health context, registration will not open in December as usual; instead, it will take place over several phases from January through February 2021.
"We are looking forward to 2021. This past year left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth; it was a difficult moment for organizers and athletes but also for service providers, volunteers, and locals. Although we were able to create the virtual race experience with UTMB® for the Planet and deliver Thailand by UTMB® and soon Panda Trail by UTMB® in China, it is now time to think about next year in an even more responsible and lucid way. Of course, we hope to be able to stage the UTMB® Mont-Blanc, to rediscover all these faces, emotions and energy that we experience during the last week of August all around the Mont-Blanc. By communicating about the entry process, we provide runners with essential information. In this sense, registration is a crucial moment in the organization of the event and for all those who are willing to commit", says Catherine Poletti, President of the UTMB® Group.
- Phase 1: 7-17 January 2021 – registration for:
- UTMB®, CCC®, TDS®, OCC and PTL® runners registered in 2020
- Runners who have collected enough Running Stones in 2020
- Phase 2: 21-28 January 2021 - Pre-registration for the lottery for:
- UTMB®, CCC®, TDS® and OCC runners not selected in the 2019 and 2020 lottery for the same race
- Phase 3: 4-11 February 2021 - Pre-registration for the lottery for:
- UTMB®, CCC®, TDS®, OCC and PTL® runners not included in any of the above categories. (if there are still spots available)
The 2021 entry process is available for all runners to consult.
How to register for the UTMB® Mont-Blanc in 2022:For the sake of simplicity, Running Stones will evolve in 2021. Starting next year, one Running Stone will provide one entry in the 2022 lottery. Running Stones can be collected in two ways:
- Runners will get 9 Running Stones for each 2020 50+ km "by UTMB®" race completed.
- Runners will get 3 Running Stones for each 2020 50+ km UTWT race completed.
If a runner is not selected via the lottery, their accumulated Running Stones remain untouched and can be used for a future registration.
"For the first time, we are communicating the entry process a year in advance. We want to give runners the possibility to organize their training and plan their season according to their objectives. In the current context and with the current restrictions, it is important to let runners know what races will give access to the UTMB® Mont-Blanc lottery", explains Isabelle Viseux Poletti, Director of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc.
The following runners may enter the lottery:
- Runners who have collected Running Stones
- Runners who have competed some of the 2021 qualifying races
- Some of the places at the 2022 UTMB® Mont-Blanc will be reserved for runners registered for the 2020 event and runners not selected in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 lottery for the same race.he following runners may enter the lottery:
Click here to find out more about the 2022 entry process.
Vous pourriez aussi aimer
UTMB® Mont-Blanc: the announcement you have all been waiting for
A message from Catherine and Michel Poletti, founders of the UTMB® Mont-Blanc Dear runners, dear community, We would like to than...17 likes 232 shares
UTMB®: a record number of applications!
With more than 25,000 applications, the UTMB® races gave rise, once again, to a huge enthusiasm. However, for safety reasons, orga...8 likes 57 shares
Registrations: all you need to know for 2021
In April 2019, we announced a new, more flexible and open registration process to access the UTMB® races. This new system has been...4 likes 53 shares
The UTMB® Mont-Blanc presents the 2021 poster: Matthieu Forichon signs the event’s poster for the third time!
The UTMB® Mont-Blanc extends its collaboration with Lyon-based artist Matthieu Forichon. After the first strong and original creat...9 likes 12 shares