Let's respect this great playground
The Mont-Blanc Massif is actually a fragile natural environment to which we must pay great attention. To contribute to the protection of it, we are counting on the engagement of each person. We have the duty of doing all that we can to limit our impact to the minimum.
As the organiser, the UTMB® has developed numerous actions to protect the natural environment and to raise awareness amongst all the players. This is a collective action which involves the organisation, regional groups, runners and supporters, partners and volunteers( Ambassadors for the Environment).
We, ourselves, have formed a Commission for the Environment which guides the projects and we set ourselves ambitious environmental objectives. We are always looking for ways of progressing in this domain and incite everybody to adopt an ecologically responsible attitude.
Since the creation of the UTMB® in 2003, one of the concern of the organization has been the impact of trail running on the environment. In 2006, we created the Environment Committee, chaired by Jean-Claude Marmier.
For 6 years now, we have been working to restore the trails used by the UTMB® races: the Col du Bonhomme trail, Chemin du curé, la Gittaz trail and the wet zone at la Sausse.
All these actions to protect the environment have been recognized by the COP21 as "remarkable efforts in the sports industry".
In 2022, in order to continue its activity, the UTMB® Environment Committee will be allocated 10 environment race bibs to help preserve the amazing natural environment that provides the UTMB® with a wonderful playground and to go further with this projects that are so important to us!
Join us and support our projets with an environment race bib!
Chariman of the Environment Commission, firstname.lastname@example.org
How to reserve a charity, health or environment race-bib
From December 7th to 19th 2021
- Applicants need to log in to their runner’s account, click on "Book a charity/health/environment race-bib ", and chose the association they wish to support and the race they would like to participate in.
- Once the bib is reserved, the runner has one week to make the donation to the chosen association to confirm the reservation of the race-bib.
- The association informs the UTMB® once the payment is received.
- The UTMB® then emails the runner the special registration procedure.
If the donation is not made within the deadline, the race-bib will be available for other runners to reserve it.
- Please note: As the environment committee is not recognized as a public utility, you will not receive a tax receipt.
If all the available charity, health and environment race bibs have been reserved, the exceeding requests for a charity race bib will be put on the waiting list. Runners on the waiting list will be contacted later by the organization.
- Important: Runners who wish to apply for a charity race bib must follow the same regulations as a regular registration (qualifying points, entry fees, etc.) except that they don’t have to go through the lottery process.
The donor will under no circumstances be refunded all (or part of) the donation. When registrating for a race, the same regulations apply to all runners (including charity runners): those who wish to cancel their registration will be refunded a certain amount depending on the date of the cancellation.