Let's respect this great playground
The Mont-Blanc Massif is actually a fragile natural environment to which we must pay great attention. To contribute to the protection of it, we are counting on the engagement of each person. We have the duty of doing all that we can to limit our impact to the minimum.
As the organiser, the UTMB® has developed numerous actions to protect the natural environment and to raise awareness amongst all the players. This is a collective action which involves the organisation, regional groups, runners and supporters, partners and volunteers( Ambassadors for the Environment).
We, ourselves, have formed a Commission for the Environment which guides the projects and we set ourselves ambitious environmental objectives. We are always looking for ways of progressing in this domain and incite everybody to adopt an ecologically responsible attitude.
Since 2004, the organisation has set up communal transport specially for accompanying persons, so as to reduce the number of vehicles around Mont-Blanc and to release green-house gases and polluting particles.
- The provision of a car-sharing site. More information, click here
During the race
- The organisation of a transport plan for the runners and the supporters allowing movement around all the strategic points of the race route.
- Free buses for the runners
- Optimum use of buses for the volunteers
- Very interesting tariffs for accompanying persons
- More than 2000 accompnying persons transported
- Closure of certain roads to favour transport public
- Free shuttle buses in the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley