Profit from the communal transport!
For all those participants who wish to experience the event under the best possible conditions, and so as to reduce our impact on the environment, we encourage runners, accompanying persons, volunteers and visitors to learn about the exceptional transport plan that we have set up for the duration of the UTMB®.
- Free public transport (train and bus) in the Chamonix Mont-Blanc Valley upon presentation of your carte d'hôte/guest card (supplied by your host).
- Free shuttle buses in Chamonix town centre – « Les Mulets »
- Free parking in Chamonix : Flégère and Grands Montets car-parks
- Free shuttle buses for runners to get to the start of the races
- The organisation's buses for accompanying persons in order to get to the start and to follow the runners in all the villages through which the races pass without having to take their personal vehicles.
Consult the information below for more details and download our Mobility Guide so as to have all the details to hand.
The organisation's buses for runners
An exceptional, communal transport system is planned for the competitors and those persons accompanying them in an attempt to limit the green-house gas emissions and particles. Let us, together, avoid these races, in the middle of nowhere, engendering an immense swarm of cars around Mont-Blanc.
During the UTMB®, the CCC®, the TDS® and the OCC, buses are available for:
- Taking the CCC® & TDS® runners to the start in Courmayeur.
- Taking the OCC runners to the start in Orsières.
- To repatriate runners to Chamonix or Courmayeur at the end of the race or in case of abandonment.
Conditions of access
Free access upon presentation of race-bib
Reservation specifically for the TDS®/OCC/CCC®
To take the organisation’s bus to reach the start in Courmayeur or Orsières, you must reserve your place on your runner’s page from June 2017.
Priority for access to buses is as follows:
- Members of the organisation (volunteers or organisation) – when moving around between posts -
- The competitors
- Accompanying persons
The "PC-TRANSPORT" (organisers) in Chamonix and Courmayeur are at your disposal throughout the race to advise you.